#FromScratch chronicles Stephie’s nutrition [r]evolution as she switches her thought process from “where should I eat” to “what should I eat”. Follow her series as she braves the supermarket, starts to cook and explore a new way of eating.
This Thanksgiving was a trip into ‘Bizarro World’.
Do you remember ‘Bizarro World’ from Seinfeld?! If not, watch the clip before continuing with this post.
Up was down; down was up. Sweet potatoes lacked the much anticipated toasted marshmallows [and] there were brussels sprouts on the table: seriously?! [Bizarro World]
And though the menu veered from family tradition, everyone adapted [and] survived. A few of my observations in comparison to yesteryear:
- Family stories took the spotlight; thereby, ensuring that no one noticed the turkey was a tad dry.
- The tone was celebratory as it was my husband’s birthday [and] though his mother has been gone for years, this year everyone was telling their favorite stories of Mary. [Healing]
- Though the healthy stuffing was a bust [and] the brussels sprouts weren’t a favorite, I am [dare I say, we are] making strides towards the healthier side of the spectrum. [SCORE!]
- Lastly, I’d be remiss if I didn’t mention the home run of the day: bourbon chocolate cake from scratch for my husband. [He LOVED it!]
How’d I fare?
- Different isn’t bad; it’s just different [and] different can be really good.
- Just call me, Bizarro Stephie!
I hope everyone had a wonder[full] Thanksgiving!