#FromScratch chronicles Stephie’s nutrition [r]evolution as she switches her thought process from “where should I eat” to “what should I eat”. Follow her series as she braves the supermarket, starts to cook and explore a new way of eating.
Twelve days into my nutrition [r]evolution, I traveled to visit family, [and] I found myself attempting to navigate a black or white, all in or all out, impossible ‘nutritional expedition’ situation.
[Say that 3 times fast: ha!]
Lessons I learned:
- Pick what mountain[s] you’re willing to die on: is maintaining your clean diet more important than 46+ years of relationship with your family?
- Given #1, exert influence when you can. [For example, I controlled breakfast and snacking. Thus, I made fruit smoothies for breakfast, and I snacked on hummus and celery instead of snickerdoodles.]
- Like it or not, food is emotionally charged: deal with it!
- Being a gracious guest will make you a better host[ess]
- Social connectedness, relationship: it’s EVERYTHING to me. So, while I’m all IN to go all OUT with regard to a clean, anticancer diet, I chose to eat within the grey for a few days.
Photo compliments of unsplash.com